Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes

These were a last minute experimentation as I was making the kids pancakes this morning.  My children LOVE pancakes, and request them quite frequently.  I am constantly trying to figure out how to make them better, more exciting, or just plain different.  I DID get concerned as I was pouring out the batter though, because I thought "Goodness!  How will I ever know they're done?!"
It's not that hard really, just flip them when they turn dry around the edges.


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes

1 c. whole grain flour (I'm sure spelt would work also, but I'd cut it down about 1/4 c. because it absorbs more liquid)
1/2 c. almond meal  (or other flour of your choice)
2 t. Baking Powder
2 1/2 T. cocoa Powder
3 T. xylitol (or you could use sugar)
1/2 t. salt
1 egg
1 1/4 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
1/4 c. Greek Yogurt
Dark chocolate chips, or chocolate chips of your choice

Mix dry ingredients together.  Add liquid ingredients all at once, and whisk until thoroughly blended--no clumps remaining.

Drop by 1/4 c. scoopfuls on a hot, oiled skillet, sprinkling  Flip when edges are dry.  



Enjoy with toppings of choice.  Strawberries, syrup, yogurt...whatever your heart desires!

No comments:

Post a Comment